|Looking for: ||Historical, Outdoor Play Areas, Parks & Gardens|
|Address: ||Lotherton Lane
|Postcode: ||LS25 3EB|
|Kids Activity: ||Indoors and Outdoors|
|Telephone: ||0113 281 3259|
|Website: ||Click Here|
Enjoy a fantastic day out at Lotherton Hall, a charming Edwardian house and country estate once home to the Gascoigne family. There is something for everyone to enjoy here; from the country house to the bird garden, the gardens and exhibitions, the shop and stables to the woodland walks and playgrounds.??
The present house has evolved over the last few centuries. There is
evidence that there was a Georgian house on the site. The earliest parts
of the present house are believed to be the Regency core of the main
house which is now the Boudoir and Medal Room.
Things to do for kids:
- Get lost in our brand new Hay Bale Maze, opening in 2016
- New covered picnic area near the Deer Hide
- Learn about the house’s past in our refurbished cinema room
- Enjoy our Little Lotherton Toddlers’ Club beginning in May
- Marvel at our new viewpoint on the boundary trail looking over the ancient landscape to Sherburn and beyond
- Lastly, by popular request, the woodland play area welcomes the addition of some swings
In January and February the house closes for its annual deep clean. During this time we offer daily tours at 11:00 and 14:00, except during school holidays, when the house will be open from 10:00 until 16:00, with last entry at 15:15.
Winter opening times (November - February)
House, café, shop and bird garden: 10:00 to 16:00 with last entry at 15:15
Estate gates (October – March): 07:30 to 18:00
Admission is free to members of the Leeds Art Fund, Friends of Leeds City Museums and the National Arts Collection Fund.
£2.70 (Aged 5 to 18 years)
£16.50, LeedsCard: £12.60, LeedsCard Extra: £9.00