|Looking for: ||Outdoor Play Areas, Parks & Gardens|
|Address: ||Clarkhouse Road
|Postcode: ||S10 2LN|
|Age Group: ||All Ages|
|Kids Activity: ||Outdoors|
|Telephone: ||+44 (0)114 268 6001|
Sheffield Botanical Gardens cover 19 acres and were first opened in 1836. Originally designed by Robert Marnock in the Gardenesque style, the site now has fifteen different garden areas featuring collections of plants from all over the world, including Mediterranean, Asian, American prairie-style, woodland and rock-and-water plantings. The National Collections of Weigela and Diervilla are sited here. The Gardens contain several listed buildings including the restored Grade II* listed curvilinear Glass Pavilions, some of the earliest ever built, which were officially re-opened by HRH The Prince of Wales on 1 September 2003.