|Venue Info: ||Baby Facilities, Cafe, Parking, Wifi|
|Looking for: ||Heritage, Museums / Galleries|
|Address: ||Manx Museum, Douglas
Isle of Man
|Postcode: ||IM1 3LY|
|Age Group: ||All Ages|
|Kids Activity: ||Indoors|
|Telephone: ||01624 648000|
|Website: ||Click Here|
The Education Service has two full-time teachers based at the Manx Museum, which has an excellent purpose built education suite for use by schools, colleges and other community groups. Certain other sites also have educational work or reception areas available to groups. The staff are responsible for educational activities at all Manx National Heritage sites and provide a teaching and advisory service for both Island and visiting educational groups.
Educational visits are free to Manx schools and for other educational groups there are group admission charges to the heritage sites, with free admission to certain properties.
A wide range of audio-visual equipment is available for education, together with a collection of associated materials including genuine artefacts and replica objects, which gives students unique experiences of handling a variety of items.
In addition to general visits to heritage sites led by teachers and other group leaders, a wide range of workshops is offered to Manx schools to make full use of the rich resources which each of the sites provides in terms of curriculum related activities. A varied programme of informal children's and family education activities is run by staff on a year round basis.
Open Monday to Saturday*
10am to 5pm
A series of educational publications supports visits to Manx National Heritage sites.
- FREE entry
- Introductory film to the Island’s 10,000 year history
- National Art Gallery
- Viking hoards of silver and gold in the Viking Gallery
- The story of Tynwald, the oldest continuous Parliament in the world.
- Manx landscape, wildlife and habitats in the Natural History Gallery
- The Island at War and its internment camps
- The world-famous TT races, legendary riders and their motorbikes
- The Holiday Isle in its heyday as a tourist destination from Victorian times
- Gifts and souvenirs in our Gallery Shop
- Refreshments in the Bay Room Cafe
- Visit our latest temporary exhibition
- Visit the National Library & Archive
- Uncover stories at the iMuseum, part of the Manx Museum Complex