|Looking for: ||Historical, Heritage|
|Address: ||Holy Trinity & St Mary's Church, Church Lane, Old Clee, Grimsby, North East Lincolnshire|
|Postcode: ||DN32 8LW|
|Age Group: ||All Ages|
|Kids Activity: ||Indoors and Outdoors|
|Telephone: ||01472 691800|
|Website: ||Click Here|
This beautiful church is the oldest building in Grimsby dating from before 1000 AD and retains its 11th-century Saxon tower. The nave and transept date from 1192, when the church was rededicated by Bishop St Hugh of Lincoln, and the central tower was also added at this time. For many years it was the parish church for the farming and fishing villages of Clee and Clee Thorpes, now part of Grimsby.
There is a stained glass window in the South Aisle which is dedicated to Bishop St Hugh of Lincoln.