|Looking for: ||Heritage, Museums / Galleries|
|Address: ||Cregneash Village Folk Museum
Isle of Man
|Postcode: ||IM9 5PX|
|Kids Activity: ||Indoors|
|Telephone: ||01624 648000|
|Website: ||Click Here|
The National Folk Museum at Cregneash is a living museum of a Manx upland crofting community including thatched cottages and farm buildings illustrating a traditional way of life around the 19th and early 20th century.
Things to see and do:
- Visit Harry Kelly’s famous cottage and smell bonnag cooking on the open fire.
- Watch demonstrations of traditional farming and craft techniques.
- Step inside the Joiner’s Workshop
- Join the Blacksmith in his Smithy.
- Listen to some great Manx speakers in Ned Beg’s Cottage.
- Take a look inside the Farmhouse
- Walk the Farm Trail from Church Farm
- Count the flock of Manx loghtan sheep and see the spring lambs
- Enjoy refreshments in the Village Tea Rooms
- Join a service at St Peter’s Church
- Enjoy the coastal footpaths leading to Spanish Head, The Sound and the Chasms.
Adult £5, Child (under 18 years): £2.50.
Open 7 days a week from 29 March 2014 to 2 November 2014, from 10am to either 4pm or 5pm.